NAEMT EMS Safety
EMS Safety Course
Participants are taught:
Topics covered include:
- Applying crew resource management in EMS.
- Utilizing situational awareness and defensive driving for safe emergency vehicle operations.
- Employing multi-agency pre-planning, vehicle and practitioner visibility techniques, and defensive staging practices at roadside incidents.
- Utilizing lift assist teams, lifting and moving equipment, and behavioral controls to protect both EMS practitioners and patients from injury.
- Employing situational awareness to continually assess for the potential of violence on the scene and verbal and physical techniques to deescalate potential threats.
- Practicing infection and contagion control to protect both EMS practitioners and patients from emerging threats.
- Strengthening resiliency skills to help EMS practitioners cope with daily and critical incident stress.
- Ensuring personal readiness for the daily challenges and hazards of working in the field through optimal personal health.
This program meets promptly at 9am until 5pm.
|START MONTH||COURSE DATES||LOCATION||COURSE TYPE||NAME||PRICE||SEATS LEFT|
|FEBRUARY 2020||2/27||E. PROVIDENCE||CON-ED||EMS SAFETY||$125||8|
|MARCH 2020||3/26||E. PROVIDENCE||CON-ED||EMS SAFETY||$125||12|
National EMS Institute is State accredited through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Technicians and the State of Rhode Island Department of Public Health. NEI hosts nationally accredited training courses through the NREMT. National EMS Institute, Inc. reserves the right to change course times and locations to serve our students better.