Refund & Transfer Policies
National EMS Institute Inc. has established this Refund & Transfer Policy to help students understand their options in the event that a course of training refund or transfer is requested.
A student will receive:
- 100% refund up to 14 days prior to the first class date.
- 50% refund up to 7 days prior to the first class date.
- There is no refund 6 days prior to the first class date.
Refunds will be returned within 30 days from the first class date.
To officially withdraw from one of our courses, students must send a certified letter within the withdrawal deadlines listed to above to relieve them of financial responsibility based on the above chart. We do not issue a refund for your $250 deposit. The commitments listed above are for additional amounts paid other than your deposit.
- For example: If Suzy only puts down $250* for a deposit, and then decides 5 days before the course begins that she no longer wants to take the course. Suzy is still responsible to pay for the entirety of the program.To qualify for a 100% refund of tuition minus the $250 deposit, a student must officially withdraw no later than 14 days prior to the start of their course. To qualify for a 50% refund of tuition minus the $250 deposit, a student must officially withdraw no later than 7 days prior to the start of the course. There will be no refunds 6 days prior to the course start date. When enrolling in National EMS Institute’s courses, students are committing to the course and will be charged for that program regardless of their status in the program.
There will be no refunds on transfer applications. This includes deposit, tuition, transfer fee, and exam fees.
To qualify for the refund levels defined above, a student must officially withdraw from the course they are enrolled in. This can be done by submitting the following information within the timeframe identified above.
- 1. Letter of request for refund, explicitly stating the reason for withdrawal.
- 2. The name of the NEI course or training in which you are withdrawing.
- 3. The amount paid for the course.
- 4. The date payment was made for the course.
- 5. Acknowledgement that a $250.00 enrollment processing fee is not available for refund.
- This must be sent to the National EMS Institute Headquarters in Carver, MA and must be postmarked 15 or 8 days prior to the first day of the training. This letter must come by United States Postal Service using a certified letter. The letter can be address to:
- National EMS Institute Inc.
- 90 Main St.
- Carver, MA 02330
- When enrolling in National EMS Institute’s courses, students are committing to the course and will be charged for that program regardless of their status in the program. Even if no additional monies have been applied, students will be charged the remaining balance of the course on the first day of the program. To incur no additional expenses, students must send a certified letter to 90A Main St. Carver, MA 02330 no later than 14 days prior to the first class date.
Course transfers are possible based on availability and must be made no later than 7 days prior to the original course booked.
A $250 transfer fee will be assessed with the transfer from any of our Boot Camp or Fast Track courses into the next available course only. If the second course costs more than the first, the student is responsible for the price difference.
Failing out of a Program:
A one time $250 transfer will be assessed with any transfer to Boot Camp or Fast Track courses.
A student who wishes to transfer out of a hybrid course and into a physical course must pay a $250 transfer fee plus the difference of the listed course price. There will be no transfers from a hybrid course to another hybrid course.
**The transfer policy is only allowed once; after that, full payment for the course will be due to enroll in that course. Refunds will not be issued for a transfer fee. There are no refunds on transfer applications.**
Vantage Point Tactical’s Refund Policy
The refund policy for Vantage Point Tactical states a student may return any new, unused items within seven business days of being purchased. After the seventh business day any and all return requests will be denied, and no refund will be given. The student must complete the Exchange Form included with their package and return with the items. If the Exchange Form included has been misplaced, please contact the store manager before requesting an return. A store credit equaling the price of the returned items at the time of purchase will be given. No cash, credit, or debit card refunds will be awarded unless deemed acceptable by the CEO and/or COO.
A student will receive a 100% refund 10 days prior to the start date with a cancellation confirmation.
A student will receive a 50% refund 5 days prior to the start date with a cancellation confirmation.
A student will receive 0% refund 4 days prior to the start date with a cancellation confirmation.
If you have requested a refund for your scheduled course and have received confirmation of your cancellation please allow 10 to 12 business days for the refund to process back into your account.
As a way to continue promoting AHA ECC Courses and certifications, NEI will allow our students to transfer classes with a minimum of 3 days notice. There is no fee for your one-time transfer but if you fail to attend your scheduled course no refund or transfer will be permitted.
If you are unsuccessful at completing one of our courses don’t get discouraged! AHA has high standards for successful course completion and does require each student to complete all aspects of training, exceptionally. We encourage our students to try again after an unsuccessful attempt and those who do choose to train with us again will receive 50% off your next try. The course must be the same training as your first attempt and we will require a new application.
National EMS Institute is an Accredited EMT Training Institution by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Department of Public Health, Office of Emergency Medical Service National EMS Institute reserves the right to change course location in order to better serve their students.