BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to prepare a wide variety of healthcare professionals. Students will gain the ability to recognize life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use the AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner. The intended audience for the BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers course is those who provide direct patient care in a wide variety of settings.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Some examples of careers that would benefit from this level of CPR are EMT, CNA, Doctors, Dentists, Dental Assistants, Firefighters, Corrections Officers, and more.
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place.
Upcoming classes will be held at the following campuses:
|START MONTH||COURSE DATES||LOCATION||COURSE TYPE||NAME||PRICE||TIME|
|SEPTEMBER 2022||9/8||ATTLEBORO||CPR||BLS RENEWAL||$75||6PM-10PM|