Candidates are granted three (3) attempts to pass the cognitive (written) examination. If the candidate is unsuccessful after three (3) attempts, they must submit documentation to the NREMT that they have completed 20 hours of remedial training. Following the 20 hours of remedial training, candidates are given three (3) more attempts to pass the cognitive (written) examination. If the candidate is unsuccessful after six (6) attempts, they are required to repeat the entire EMT course. The remedial training program consists of the following:
- Preparatory- Well being of the EMT, Medical Direction, Quality Improvement, Personal Protection, Scene Safety, Medical / Legal, Anatomy, Lifting and moving.
- Airway- Basic airway management, Oxygen delivery systems, adjuncts and oxygen therapy OB, Infants, children- OBGYN emergencies, childbirth, care of the newborn, assessing the expectant mother, Pediatric Emergencies, Trauma in the pediatric patient.
- Patient Assessment- Primary Survey, Vital Signs and monitoring, History taking, Medical Assessment, Trauma Assessment, Secondary assessment, communications.
- Medical/Behavioral- General Pharmacology, Respiratory Emergencies, Abdominal emergencies, Environmental emergencies, Diabetic emergencies, Allergic reactions, Behavioral emergencies.
- Trauma- Management of shock, Bleeding/wounds, soft tissue trauma, chest trauma, injuries to the head, neck, spine. Elective- HAZMAT operations, Ambulance Operations, Incident Command System.
National EMS Institute is accredited to teach at the BLS level in Massachusetts.
This course is held over 2 days starting at 8 AM at National EMS Institute’s Carver Campus at 90 Main St. Carver, MA 02330. Upon successful completion of this program, students will receive a certificate of completion to send to the NREMT.
|COURSE DATES||TIMES||LOCATION||COURSE TYPE||NAME||PRICE|
|FEBRUARY 11 & 12||8AM-7PM||NEW BEDFORD||CON-ED||CONTINUED COMPETENCY||20||$245|
|MARCH 11 & 12||8AM-7PM||CARVER||CON-ED||CONTINUED COMPETENCY||20||$245|