Become an EMT in 15 Days
About the EMT Boot Camp Program
Prepare for your future during National EMS Institute’s Special EMT Boot Camp course. No other school has a program this fast and State accredited in all of New England! This fast-paced EMT Training course will prepare you to provide emergency medical care to victims of accidents and sudden illness. Students will develop skills in symptom recognition, emergency care procedures and techniques. Emergency Medical Technicians provide routine and emergency medical care with an ambulance service, as well as in hospitals and clinics. Becoming an EMT is the first step towards becoming a paramedic.
The Special EMT Boot Camp is an extremely fast-paced program that covers the entire EMT curriculum. This 15 day course is specifically designed for our College Student customer base. Our Instructor tailors lectures to meet the needs of PA students, biology majors, and nursing professionals. Our program consists of 140 hours of classroom and skill training, and the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational opportunities. This program exceeds the US DOT/DPH/OEMS guidelines. The instructional staff consists of EMTs and Paramedics with years of experience as EMS educators.
Upon completion of our course you will receive 5 additional certifications, to your Course Completion Certificate. Those 5 certifications are:
- CPR (BLS for healthcare providers)- This course for healthcare professionals teaches you to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR to victims of all ages, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
- Glucometer- This medical device is used to determine the approximate concentration of glucose in the blood. EMT’s will use this information to draw a small drop of blood, obtained by pricking the skin with a lancet, then placed on a disposable test strip that the meter reads and uses to calculate the blood glucose level.
- BLS Advanced Airway/Intubation Assistance- This lifesaving procedure helps unconscious patient’s breath. You, as a student will learn how to perform an tracheal intubation.
- Bloodborne Pathogens- Bloodborne Pathogen training addresses the federal OSHA “Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens” standard (29 CFR 1910.1030) which prescribes safeguards to protect workers against the health hazards from exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials and to reduce their risk from this exposure.
- Narcan Training- When a person is overdosing on an opioid, breathing can slow down or stop and it can very hard to wake them from this state. Narcan™ is a prescription medicine that blocks the effects of opioids and reverses an overdose.
- Nebulizer- is a drug delivery device used to administer medication in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs. These are commonly used for the treatment of cystic fibrosis, asthma, COPD and other respiratory diseases.
Course Details, Dates and Pricing
Class Location: Carver Campus 90 Main St. Carver, MA 02330
Course Materials: Textbook- Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured by Pollack. ISBN: 978-1284032840.
BOOT CAMP Course Date(s)
|START MONTH||COURSE DATES||LOCATION||COURSE TYPE||NAME||PRICE||SEATS LEFT|
|MAY||5/23-6/10||CARVER||EMT||15 DAY BOOT CAMP||$2750||11|