At National EMS Institute, we’re closely monitoring the guidelines laid out for us and working diligently to continue to provide top-quality EMS education. We cannot do it alone and need every student to be vigilant against this virus. Here are some best practices that have been put in place to keep staff and students safe.
- Maintain Social Distance. Be sure you are creating space between yourself and fellow classmates whenever possible. If using a desk, one student per desk, please.
- Practice Proper Hand-washing Techniques. When entering the facility, please wash your hands with warm soapy water. If unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Surgical Masks MustBe Worn. We understand this can be uncomfortable when lifting and moving. However, it is a requirement. All students and staff MUST be wearing surgical masks when in our facilities. Cloth masks are not appropriate.
- Cleansing Equipment After Each Use. To keep everyone safe, it is important that after each user equipment is wiped down with disinfectant. Each student will be required to wear non-latex gloves when using the equipment as an extra layer of precaution.
- Daily Health Screenings. When entering the campus, you must fill out a daily COVID-19 Wellness Questionnaire. Once complete, please hand your form to the Instructor for review. If you feel unwell, please do not come to class. Call the office at 1-800-497-6732, and we will work out the best plan of action on a case-by-case basis.
- Daily Temperature Screenings. When entering the campus, you must get your temperature read using a forehead thermometer. If you are outside of the normal range, please do not come to class. Call the office at 1-800-497-6732, and we will work out the best plan of action on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for abiding by these rules. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy. That starts with YOU!
As many students recognize, this is a very unique circumstance and the training environment has the potential to change at any time. As we continue to monitor the latest updates, future in person classes may need to be adjusted. National EMS Institute reserves the right to change dates, class times, lecture delivery, and locations to comply with State and Local standards as to provide the highest quality of education to students. Thank you for working with us to keep each other safe!